Speech and language pathology involves treatment methods designed to improve all aspects of communication. Delayed language, auditory processing problems, phonetic awareness difficulties (associated with reading disorders), difficulties with pronunciation, voice problems, stuttering and cleft palate speech are some of the disorders commonly seen. Use of sign language and augmentative communication are among other areas of treatment.
- Evaluation of speech and language disorders.
- Articulation, language and voice therapy.
- Augmentative communication training.
- Auditory processing, discrimination and training.
- Establishment of long and short-term goals.
- Patient and parental education and instruction in home programs.