Physical therapy involves various treatment methods designed to help the child move independently. Gross motor skills (large muscle movements), balance, changing positions, moving across obstacles, effective positioning are some areas of treatment.
- Craniosacral therapy.
- Neurodevelopmental treatment.
- Adaptive equipment consultation and acquisition assistance.
- Orthopaedic and sports injury rehabilitation.
- Postural, musculoskeletal and gait evaluation.
- Establishing a home Threshold Electrical Stimulation program for children.
- Establishment of long and short-term goals.
- Patient and parental education and instruction in home programs.
- Standardized gross motor testing.
- Casting, fitting and maintenance of Cascade dynamic ankle foot orthotics.
- Night-time use of splints/orthotics to gain increased ankle dorsiflexion.